Thursday, January 28, 2016

(2016) Basement - Promise Everything



__________________________________________________________________________________________________

This week we will be looking at Basement's new release, "Promise Everything". I think I have heard of this band before, but perhaps I am mistaken. Either way, it seems like the one to review this week. My first impression comes from the cover. The second is the fact that this album is only 28 minutes long. It seems interesting enough so let's just get on to it!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 1 - Brother's Keeper

Well, it's not what I expected but in this case, that's a wonderful thing! It kinda has a Sunny Day Real Estate meets Blink 182 meets Weezer kinda vibe to it. I'm digging this song pretty hardcore so far. It sounds like my new favorite album to drive nowhere to! I can already tell i'm going to like, if not LOVE this band by the end of this album. I have already played this song 5 times. It has just the right amount of heaviness and just the right amount of chill. GREAT SONG!

4/5

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 2 - Hanging Around

This song is just as good as the first! How in the hell did I miss these guys? They sound like a 90's band and seeing how it is now 2016, it's great to hear something like this again! This is the type of song that makes you want to shake your head to the beat. I really can't believe how good this band is! This is already going to be a hands-down candidate for album of the year with me just 2 tracks in!

4/5

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 3 - Lose Your Grip

Usually when the first 3 songs of an album are good, that's a sure fire way to tell that it's going to be a great album. This song is catchy as fuck and after about 3 listens, you'll already be singing parts of it along with them. So far, this album has been absolutely GREAT! I have not heard a song I didn't LOVE yet. The music is absolutely phenomenal. I may have to rearrange my top 100 list soon. Very soon.

4/5

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 4 - Aquasun

I absolutely love the harmonics at the beginning of this song. This is already BY FAR the best album of 2016. Every song i've listened to has gotten 4 plays more or each and I RARELY do that with an album right off the bat. I still don't know how these guys slipped past me, but this is the kind of band you want to look up on Wikipedia to find out more about them. After doing so, I never would have guessed they were from England. It is also cool as fuck to see that every member has always been in the band.

4/5

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 5 - Submission

So it's official... this is my new favorite band, minus Twenty One-Pilots who have also made a huge impact on my listening recently. I really like how 90's these guys sound. That makes me incredibly happy! You can hear all of their influences extremely well and it really translates into something special. I feel like I should be able to turn MTV on and see their music video for this song on the tv. I hope these guys hit it big over here. I have a feeling they would resonate very well with people my age longing for another glimpse of their past. The only bad thing I can really say is that there is nothing bad to say at all. Which is pretty good.

4/5

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 6 - Oversized

So we have hit the half-way point and if anything, I like this band more with every listen. This album is way too short and makes me want to hear more! I love how every song sounds completely different, yet still the same. You'll get what I mean when you check it out. That's usually thanks to the guitarist, who is exceptionally well in this band! But don't get me wrong... every member of this band plays their part perfectly. Their drummer is pretty amazing too. This band is too good for words!

4/5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 7 - Blinded Eye

In this song they go all Weezerish and really show a wide range of 90's influence. I am now convinced this is the best 90's band that never existed in the 90's. I have really enjoyed every track on this album so far and with only 3 tracks to go, i'd say at this point it's safe to say that everyone is going to be just as wonderful as the rest. I am literally blown away by this album. I did not expect this at all!

4/5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 8 - For You The Moon

Sitting here listening to this album, I really never expected it to be as good as it is. Like I said to begin with, I think i've heard of them, but I wasn't sure. I am completely impressed with this album though. This song, is a little slower than the rest, but it's nevertheless just as good as the rest of this perfect album. The guitar solo in this song is reminescient of Incubus' "A Crow Left Of The Murder" album. I see this band broke up briefly only to reassemble to release this masterpiece. I have to listen to their older albums now, because this band is ridiculously amazing.

4/5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 9 - Promise Everything

This song is by far my favorite one! I love the quiet subtlety of the singers voice and powerful raw energy he brings when he decides to scream the chorus. Whoever recorded this album for them did a wonderful job with the mixes. They are all FLAWLESS and wonderfully sound. Definitely my favorite album of 2016 so far.

5/5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 10 - Halo

The last track on this album is titled, "Halo". It leaves a lingering overtone of suspense and mystery to this album. It leaves you wanting more. I would love to hear more tracks on this album and perhaps there are some b-sides hanging around somewhere. I will do my best to get those. This band has definitely stolen my attention.

4/5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall - 41/50

Hands down, best album of January and possibly of 2016. I will be listening to this album for years to come. I came in not knowing what to expect and I leave having a new favorite album to add to my list. This ALBUM is AMAZING! Willowbee out.

No comments:

Post a Comment