Friday, March 11, 2016

(2016) Outline In Color - Struggle



__________________________________________________________________________________________________

So needless to say, The Rocket Summer's, Zoetic has my current vote for album of the year. I have bumped that shit all week. This week i'm going to listen and review something a tad bit heavier. Outline In Color's, Struggle. Let's take a listen!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 1 - Paradise Is Burning

It's not bad so far. I kinda get a "Panic At The Disco" vibe from them. I love the part with the soft heavy screaming buried in the background. If this is the set up for this album, I may just like the direction they take it. Probably not though. These kinds of albums can definitely go sour real quick. This song was awesome!

4/5

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 2 - Dead Gardens

Way heavier than what I expected. I'll admit, I like it, but I don't. The screaming is on point but the chorus sounds a little too Silverstein meets Hawthorne Heights for me. I do love the italian feel towards the end of the song. Overall, not bad.

2/5

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 3 - Eat Your Heart Out

This band definitely likes to scream. If they would just ditch this stupid emo singer I think they could be an awesome band. This song is pretty cool but that guy really annoys me. The screamer is actually pretty good.

2/5

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 4 - Alive

The singer makes these songs sound very repetitive. What happened to tracks like the first one? This album started off with so much promise but is losing ground very quickly with me. This isn't post-hardcore like advertised at all, this is more emo-bullshit and that isn't fair to this excellent screamer at all.

2/5

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 5 - The Way The World Turns

While the screamer is the only thing saving this band from deletion, he is starting to over stay his welcome on these tracks. I guess it's a hard balancing act with a singer as shitty as this one.

2/5

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 6 - Silencers

I really expected a lot more from this band. So far I am extremely disappointed that I picked this one. They sound like a bad copy of every single other hardcore/emo band out there. So far, I do not dig this album at all. I guess this song isn't the worst one on the album though. The outro riffing is pretty cool actually.

2/5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 7 - Happy Endings

This band isn't going to be breaking any serious ground with this album. Halfway through and all I can think about is how much I wanted to hear a quality heavy album. But alas, I am left with this shell of a good album.

2/5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 8 - The Monster In The Mirror

These songs all sound repetitive and uninspired. Their singer really is bad. He just has one of those voices that fit the mold for this kind of music. It seems like they only shine when they break into instrumental parts.

2/5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 9 - My Other Car Is A Time Machine II

I can remember a time when listening to a new album was an event. It's become a rarity to find excellence and it usually only flashes a dozen or so times a year now if that. This is not one of those albums at all. At this point I would be pissed if I would have purchased this on a whim.

2/5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 10 - The Calm

For only being 2 minutes long and starting off as an instrumental I definitely thought this was going to be a lot slower. Nope, actually it is one of the more decent songs on this album. The end reminds me of old Fred Durst screaming. Pretty cool.

3/5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 11 - The Storm

This song the singer is somewhat tolerable. This may be the best track on this album, but that doesn't say a lot. It has been a very mediocre album and most definitely not worth the money or time involved to listen.

3/5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 12 - Something We Can Dance To

This may be the worst track on this album. The singer becomes even more annoying and this song really brings that out a lot more. I will probably never listen to this band again after this.

2/5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 13 - From The Bottom Of My Black Heart

Well with one track left on this album, the only thing that comes to mind is, thank god! This album has been more of a chore than anything this week. That is never a good sign, ever.

2/5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track 14 - I Will Struggle

This is the worst album this year. It may even be worse than, WWE's Adelita's Way. Not impressed, Not a fan.

2/5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall - 32/70

Overall, crap. Completely and without a doubt. Willowbee, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment